Every internet website is on a computer that’s connected to the World Wide Web. Website hosting services are companies that rent space on just such computers so your website can be seen around the world.
I recommend signing-up with the website hosting service SiteGround. Simply fill-out a registration form and pay for it so you will be the website owner, not me. After you register, I’ll do all the techie stuff.
Note: Having a hosting service is separate from having a Domain Name.
- Go to SiteGround’s web hosting page: (click –>) SiteGround.com
- Click “GET STARTED” in the “StartUp” plan box:
- Click “I already have a Domain” and enter your domain name, then click “PROCEED”:
- Enter the email account you want associated with this account, it will be your username. Choose a password and keep track of it:
- Continue filling out the form.
- When you get to the “Purchase Information”, choose any Period duration you’d like. The longer the duration, the more money you save using the initial rate, but you’ll be paying for the entire duration up front. When the period expires, your monthly rate will be raised to the regular price. I recommend unclicking the “SG Site Scanner” option. I’ll be installing a fairly robust security program on your WordPress website. When done filling the form, click “PAY NOW”:
- You’ll get an Order Confirmation email from SiteGround that looks similar like this:
- Forward your SiteGround Confirmation email to me along with your password. I will not see your credit card number and will not keep track of the password past doing the next step. I’ll let you know when I’m done so you can update your SiteGround password if you like.
- I will log into your SiteGround account in order to create credentials to access your cPanel. (The cPanel is the portal to the techie part of your hosting account where I’ll create your website. There is no access to your billing information from the cPanel.)
If you have any questions or difficulties, do not hesitate to get in touch with me. If you would like me to step through this on the phone with you, please call.
(Disclosure: I earn a little server time credit for referring you to SiteGround. However, I recommend SiteGround because of its excellent reputation, top-notch customer service, easy and free SSL certification, and reasonable fees. I use it for my personal websites.)